Over the past fifteen years, the RelMiCS meetings have been a main forum for researchers who use the calculus of relations and similar algebraic formalisms as methodological and conceptual tools. The workshop series on Applications of Kleene algebra started with a Dagstuhl seminar in 2001 and has been co-organized with the RelMiCS conference since. Due to their considerable overlap, the two events have a joint PC and joint proceedings.
Their scope comprises relation algebra, fix point calculi, semi ring theory, iteration algebra, process algebra and dynamic algebra. Applications include formal algebraic modeling, the semantics, analysis and development of programs, formal language theory and combinatorial optimization.
We invite submissions on the general topics of Relation algebra and Kleene algebra in computer science. The main focus will lie on formal methods for software engineering, logic of programs and links with neighboring disciplines. Particular topics of the conference cover, but are not limited to, the theory of:
- relation algebra and Kleene algebra
- related formalisms such as process algebra, fixed point calculi, idempotent semirings, quantales, allegories, dynamic algebra, cylindric algebra and their applications in areas such as verification, analysis and development of programs and algorithms
- relational formal methods such as B or Z, tabular methods, algebraic approaches to logic of programs, modal and dynamic logic, interval and temporal logic algebraic semantics of programming languages
- graph theory and combinatorial optimization
- games, automata and language theory
- mechanized and automated reasoning, decision procedures
- spatial-temporal reasoning, knowledge acquisition, preference and scaling methods
- information systems, database, data mining, information engineering
We are soliciting further contributions on the above topics but also in new areas of application. Papers on theoretical foundations of the calculus of relations and Kleene algebra or on their mechanization are highly welcome.