Full Title: Linguistics in the Gulf-4
Short Title: LGC-4
Date: 17-Mar-2013 - 18-Mar-2013
Location: Doha, Qatar
Contact Person: Dr. Rizwan Ahmad at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Deadline: January 13, 2013
After the success of the previous three conferences held in 2007, 2009, and 2011, the Department of English Literature and Linguistics, Qatar University, is pleased to announce its 4th Linguistics in the Gulf Conference (LGC) to be held on March 17-18, 2013.
The aim of the Linguistics in the Gulf Conference (LGC) is to provide a platform for scholars and professionals, whose research interests focus on language in the Gulf region, to share their ongoing research and expertise and to promote the study of linguistics in the region. The conference also aims to create opportunities for scholars to collaborate in research involving linguists working in institutions across the region.
Linguistics in the Gulf-4 invites abstracts that deal with any aspect of language in the Gulf including but not limited to the following areas:
- Formal aspects of the Gulf spoken dialects (phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics)
- Contact of the native Arabic dialects with other languages in the region
- Linguistic variation and change, language standardization, linguistic leveling, and language planning and policies
- Language ideology and attitudes about dialects and standard Arabic
- Discourse analysis of Arabic literary and non-literary texts
- Language acquisition & learning in the Gulf
- Forensic linguistics in the Arabic context
- Computational linguistics and Arabic data processing
- Neurolinguistics and bilingual language processing
- Sociolinguistics of English in the Gulf
- Abstracts must be submitted online by December 31, 2012 through EasyAbs (Easy Abstracts at this link http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/lingingulf4
- Decisions about your abstracts will be communicated to you by mid-January, 2013.