|Application for Fall 2013 is now open- deadline is May 30, 2013||APPLY NOW|
More information available at this page: Graduate Admissions - Application Timeline
All applicants to the Master of Arts in Gulf Studies program who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for admission to Qatar University:
- Completed a Bachelor degree with a grade point average of at least 2.8 out of 4.0 , or equivalent, from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or comparable in that country.
- Achieved a minimum score of 520 on the paper-based TOEFL, IELTS score of 6, or equivalent test taken within 2 years of the start of the intended semester of admission.
- A satisfactory statement of purpose of 500 words.
- A satisfactory performance in the personal interview with the Admission committee.
All applicants to the Master of Arts in Gulf Studies program are required to submit the following documents to the Admissions Department:
- Admissions Application and Signature Page
- Final, official and certified university transcripts
- Official TOEFL score report or equivalent score report
- Two confidential recommendation letters from undergraduate professors or employers
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Health Certificate
- Photocopy of the applicant’s Qatar ID card
- (Non-Qatari applicants must provide a copy of their passport)
- Two recent passport sized photographs
- Application Fees: QR 350
Important Note for International Students
International students who require a student visa (under Qatar University sponsorship) must submit required documents to the International Student Section of the Student Services Department prior to receiving an admission decision. Learn more about student visa requirements and important deadlines. The deadline to apply for a student visa for the Fall 2013 semester is May 30, 2013.
Application for Graduate Assistantships
Qatar University offers Graduate Assistantship (GA) awards on a competitive basis to selected newly admitted graduate students. The Graduate Assistantship offers graduate students the opportunity to gain work and research experience in the graduate department under the supervision of faculty members. Students are compensated QR 180 per hour, up to 20 hours of work per week. The GA recipient is personally responsible for all of his/her expenses, including housing, tuition, insurance, travel and any other incurred expense while studying at Qatar University. Interested students must apply for the Graduate Assistantship while applying for admission to the M.A. in Gulf Studies program. Click here for more information and click here to view the application document.
Questions about the Admission process? Please contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.