The common package is made up of courses intended to build students' proficiency communicating in both Arabic and English. These courses build the four basic language skills, namely: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The common package also includes a single course that conveys appreciation and understanding of Islamic culture, values and morals.
The number of credit hours required for this package ranges from 12 to 15 credit hours, depending on the program. The specific courses to be completed by students are identified in the degree requirements of each program and consist of some combination of the courses listed in the course section of this package.
- ARAB 100 – Arabic I
- ARAB 200 – Arabic II
- ARAB 107 – Arabic Language Basics
- ARAB 109 – Language Skills
- ARAB 110 – Introduction to Literature and Language
- ARAB 201 – Arabic Language Basics Adv
- ENGL 110 – English I
- ENGL 111 – English II
- ENGL 150 – Essay Writing I
- ENGL 151 – Advanced Reading Comprehension
- ENGL 202 – English Language I - Post Foundation
- ENGL 203 – English Language II - Post Foundation
- DAWA 111 – Islamic Culture