The Foundation Program aspires to be internationally recognized for its innovative and quality education.
The Foundation Program is committed to developing students’ English language proficiency and math skills to a level that will allow them to succeed in the academic programs of Qatar University. Through innovative, research-based educational practices, the program aims to help students achieve academic readiness by fostering their intellectual curiosity. As they develop their knowledge through study skills and critical thinking, students will integrate independent and collaborative learning with the appropriate use of information technology.
- Objective 1: Attain English oral and written language communication skills to the academic standards required at the University.
- Objective 2: Demonstrate competency in mathematics knowledge and skills to the academic standards required to pursue their studies at the University.
- Objective 3: Develop critical thinking skills to be involved successfully in academic tasks.
- Objective 4: Develop a learning-centered education and a socially motivating environment.
- PLO 1: Interpret academic texts
- PLO 2: Express ideas and facts effectively in writing
- PLO 3: Use verbal skills to communicate effectively
- PLO 4: Apply algebraic skills to solve mathematical problems
- PLO 5: Interpret quantitative and graphic information
- PLO 6: Apply requisite study skills
- PLO 7: Demonstrate critical thinking skills