PROMOTING INNOVATION IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING & LEARNING - THE FUTURE LANDSCAPE
The Qatar University Foundation Program, in collaboration with Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL Qatar), invites presenters to submit proposals to its 2nd Annual International Conference on English Language Teaching to be held in Doha, Qatar January 18 - 19, 2017. Proposals for papers, panel discussions, workshops, and teaching ideas / tips are expected to address the conference theme:
PROMOTING INNOVATION IN LANGUAGE TEACHING - THE FUTURE LANDSCAPE.
- Interactive Workshop (45 minutes)
- Research/Approaches to Teaching (20 minutes)
- Panel Discussion (45 minutes + 15 minutes Q&A).
Proposals should fall into one of the following categories
- Learner Autonomy
- Learner Motivation
- Learner Identity
- Learner Anxiety
- Listening / Speaking
- Reading / Writing
- Practical Ideas in the Classroom
- Error Correction Techniques
- Critical Thinking
- Task-based Learning
- Action Research
- Classroom Management
- Testing and Assessment
- Mobile Learning
- Online Learning
Tips for Writing Proposals
- Title: 7 words maximum
- Abstract: 50 words maximum. Published in the conference program.
- Summary: 250 words maximum. Proposal review will be based on summary.
- Biography: 30 words
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
- Proposals must be submitted through the online proposal submission form at http://www.qu.edu.qa/foundation/conference2017/submit-proposal.php
- The proposal must not exceed 250 words
- Acronyms and/or abbreviations should be spelled out
- Please refrain from submitting a proposal previously presented at another conference
- Write your name as you would want it to appear on your certificate
The deadline for proposal submissions is November 20, 2016
Please note the following:
- Proposal deadline: November 20, 2016
- Acceptance Notification: November 27, 2016
- Presenter Confirmation: December 10, 2016
- Conference Dates: January 18-19, 2017
- The Foundation Program will not provide assistance for presenters to attend the conference.
2017 CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS WILL BE PUBLISHED.
If you have any queries, please email Enita Barrett firstname.lastname@example.org