The Foundation Program Department of English at Qatar University is currently recruiting resourceful, culturally sensitive, academic professionals seeking creative input within a diverse EFL/EAP faculty. Responsibilities include teaching up to 18 contact hours per week in our University entry program or our programs for undergraduate students; contributing to and participating in curriculum and program development, e-learning, testing and assessment, student advising and support activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- prepare and deliver classes and collaborate with co-workers to develop the program content, program delivery, and teaching methodology;
- participate actively and contribute meaningfully to work group/committee/project/task assignments;
- maintain professional growth through attendance at scheduled professional development sessions;
- contribute to student evaluation, counseling, and support operations
- contribute to testing, assessment design and administration
- contribute to curriculum development
- complete any other responsibilities assigned by administration
- Master's degree/PhD in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or ELT from a reputably accredited university/program.
- at least three years' EAP/EFL/ESL teaching experience at university/tertiary level (overseas experience is desirable).
- experience in testing and assessment, instructional technology, and curriculum and materials development.
- experience in teaching university-level EAP/ EFL/ ESL academic writing / research skills is preferred.
- ability to adapt to and participate in different cultures and learning environments
- ability to contribute to an innovative and challenging academic instructional program is an asset.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae/Resumé
2. Cover letter
3. Contact information for three referees (postal and email addresses as well as their telephone contact numbers)
4. Scanned copy of highest earned credential--degree certificate and transcript
- Transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, please submit a copy of a certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential-granting institution regarding your highest academic degree.
5. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application
To apply, please visit the QU Recruitment page (keywords: lecturer of English). The application deadline is 1 April 2017.
1. A three-year renewable contract
2. Salary commensurate with experience
3. Tax-free salary
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies
9. End-of-contract indemnity