In the test development process, QUTC follows the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing 2014 with focus on test validity, reliability/precision, errors of measurement, and fairness in testing. The testing development process in the QUTC goes through the following steps:
- Defining the assessment framework and the test blueprint.
- Writing and reviewing questions.
- Assembling pilot test forms.
- Administrating pilot test forms.
- Detecting and removing misfit and unfair questions.
- Statistical analysis and scaling of test questions.
- Assembling operational test forms.
- Administrating operational test forms.
- Producing test takers’ score using the most recent statistical procedures.