Last modified: January 15, 2012 14:53:20.
The Honors Program is designed for highly motivated and academically inquisitive students who are looking for an enriching college experience. The program was established in fall 2009 with just four students. Today, the program has evolved into a university-wide community with 60-70 students enrollment per year. As our community of students, faculty, and staff continues to grow, our dedication to academic excellence remains central to our daily operations.
If you meet our admission requirements and are interested in small, challenging and dynamic classes, we welcome your application to become a part of this active community of exceptional students and faculty.
The QU Honors Program is an institutional member of the National Collegiate Honors Council
The Honors Program at Qatar University provides a highly intellectual environment for exceptional students to explore and achieve their full potential. It is designed to engage self-motivated, gifted and outstanding students to develop analytical, interpretive and critical thinking skills and to foster their scholarly inquiries. The program provides a broad and enriched interdisciplinary curriculum that challenges students to innovate and master multiple learning outcomes. Our faculty and staff strive to maintain a living-learning community that provides students with the academic challenge and personal attention that enables them to excel and develop into leaders in whatever they pursue professionally and academically.
|Honors Program Learning Objectives|
- To foster interdisciplinary perspectives
- To inculcate scholarly inquiry skills
- To advance communication skills
- To advance critical thinking skills
- To prepare students for post baccalaureate graduate studies
|Honors Program Learning Outcomes|
- Apply interdisciplinary perspectives on contemporary and current issues
- Demonstrate mastery of scholarly inquiry and research skills
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Apply exceptional level of critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interaction with other high achieving students from different disciplines
- Honors advising
- Innovative courses created especially for the Honors Program by outstanding scholars / teachers
- Small classes emphasizing active student participation and intensive faculty guidance
- Support for study abroad
- Priority for undergraduate research funding
- Membership in the Honors Students Association
- Recognition at graduation and on the transcript of successful participation with Honors or Highest Honors
- Opportunities for outstanding Honors students to attend academic conferences
- Annual Honors Potluck and Student Academic and Service Awards