Publishing scientific research is deemed as one of the most essential jobs and anticipated tasks of faculty members and researchers at Qatar University. The Research Reward Program aims at honoring the efforts of outstanding researchers at QU and encouraging them to exert more for the sake of elevating academic research at QU to the highest levels. The program also aims at increasing research productivity and uplifting the University's academic rank.
First: Reward Terms
- A researcher can be rewarded for his/her research paper only if the paper was submitted after s/he joined Qatar University.
- In order to receive the entire awarded amount, a researcher must only be affiliated to Qatar University.
- In the case where a researcher has dual affiliation (to Qatar University and another institution), s/he is eligible for one-half of the awarded amount.
Only research papers with the following specifications can be submitted:
- Research papers attributed to Qatar University
- Research papers that have been exclusively published and circulated
- Research papers that have been published in indexed journals after the announcement of the program (June 2009)
- Research papers with journal impact factors that are no less than 1.0
Second: Reward Terms
Research paper that has been published in an indexed journals - QR 3,000 for each impact factor
Third: Reward Distribution Mechanism
- 40% of the reward is designated for the main author, whereas the remaining 60% is divided equally among co-authors including the main author.
- For research papers that involve authors who are not affiliated with Qatar University, calculations include non-QU affiliated authors. Financial compensation, however, is limited to QU researchers only.
- The maximum reward per research paper is QR 10,000
Example: Dr. (S) has submitted a research paper that was published in indexed journal (impact factors 3). The professors who have participated in the published paper are the following:
Dr. (S) main author from Qatar University
Dr. (M) Co-author from (X) University
Dr. (N) Co-author from (Y) University
Dr. (F) Co-author from Qatar University
Dr. (S) receives QR 4,950 (4(%60*3*3000))+(40*3*3000)
Dr. (F) receives QR 1,350 4(%60*3*3000)
Dr. (M) and Dr. (N) do not receive any reward
Fourth: Research Reward Program Application:
To apply for the Research Reward Program, kindly click here.