Our Strategic Goals
We are committed to the following goals, which will help to drive our Strategic Plan forward:
- Promoting the conduct, dissemination, and application of significant research by faculty, staff, and students.
- Facilitating cooperative and productive relationships with academic units and other constituencies on campus that share similar research goals.
- Developing approaches and resources to maintain and enhance the research infrastructure to facilitate high quality research
- Encouraging the development of interdisciplinary and multi-institutional research projects from within Qatar University.
- Monitoring the proposal review process, negotiating award amounts, and coordinating internal grants and awards processes.
- Maintaining constant dialogue with college and center/institute administration and faculty members on issues related to research.
- Formulating appropriate policies and procedures to ensure successful implementation of our research vision.
- Ensuring that Qatar University’s by-laws are upheld regarding research funding and standards.
- Ensuring the ethical conduct of research and its reporting; overseeing IRB.
- Overseeing the Office of Biosafety & Compliance, which includes IACUC, IBC and other similar bodies.
- Providing consultation concerning the recruitment of faculty members who would contribute to and improve research activities at Qatar University.
- Communicating significant research issues and concerns that arise to the Vice President and Chief Academic Officer.
- Overseeing the alignment of Qatar University’s research strengths – facilities and human capital – with social needs.
- Building and strengthening ties between the university and its external constituencies, and serving as liaison between society and Qatar University faculty on matters related to research.
- Outreaching to potential extra-mural research clients and other research stakeholders in the community.
- Pinpointing technological problems in the business world and private sector that could benefit from applied research services, technical advisory services, and access to Qatar University’s technical expertise and facilities.