Center of Volunteerism and Civil responsibility at Qatar University aims at developing the knowledge and skills of QU students to become engaged and responsible citizens in an increasingly complex, global and multicultural society.
Through active collaboration between the institution and the community, a reciprocal benefit is expected for both partners.
- Insure meaningful experiences for students in community service.
- Coordinate and advise student volunteer programs.
- Coordinate volunteer programs within the various units of the Student Affairs Sector.
- Coordinate volunteer programs with the various colleges.
- Identify areas for volunteers' involvement off campus.
- Cooperate with faculty and staff of QU to achieve its objectives.
- Identify QU resources that can be used for the volunteer programs.
- Create opportunities of volunteerism to students, staff and faculty of QU.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Be flexible and adapt efficiently to change.
- Practice skills of effective verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Acquire conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Develop a scheme of self-awareness to evaluate one's strengths and weaknesses.
- Value and appreciate the diversity in its various forms (gender, race, ethnic groups, disadvantaged groups, age groups).
- Gain knowledge of civic engagement and responsibility.
- Develop a framework of Global understanding and citizenship.
In addition to those learning outcomes, it is believed that the participants (volunteers), the events, the programs and activities of the center will contribute positively to the career choice of QU students and teamwork basics. Moreover, many researches proved that volunteers or students who perform voluntary work experience positive academic development and educational success.
For questions and comments, please contact us through the following communications channels