All students are expected to possess minimum basic skills to be eligible for enrollment in their desired academic programs. In order to be considered for Undergraduate admission to Qatar University, all applicants applying to the following colleges must demonstrate proficiency in English and Mathematics by satisfying the following minimum competency requirements as set by the University or pass the Foundation Program:
- College of Arts and Sciences (Science track only)
- College of Education (Secondary Education with concentrations in Mathematics and Sciences only)
- College of Engineering
- College of Pharmacy
|Tests||Minimum Score for Exemption|
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)||Internet Based (iBT)||61|
|Paper Based (pBT)||500|
|Computer Based (cBT)||173|
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)||5.5|
|ACCUPLACER ESL (PDF brochure)|| |
Note: International Students (students from outside Qatar) are requested to submit only IELTS test score with a minimum score of 5.5 in order to be exempted from the English competency in the Foundation Program.
|Standardized Test||Minimum Score for Exemption|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test SAT (General Math component)||500|
|American College Test (ACT)||21|
|ACCUPLACER Math- APL Elementary Algebra||82|
Competency Test Score's Validity Table
|S. No.||Test Name||Validity|
SAT (General /SAT I)
- Foundation Program reserves the right to verify any standardized test scores & retest the students.
- A test score is no longer valid if it is older than the validity period from the start of the first day of the class. Students with scores older than the validity period, should retake the test.
- Applicants who fail to satisfy the minimum English and Mathematics competencies identified above will be considered for admission to the Foundation Program and will be placed in their relevant levels based on their English and Math ACCUPLACER test scores.
- Foundation Program students are required to pass English and Math courses with a grade of 70% or higher in order to be enrolled in their Undergraduate college program.
Please be aware that Qatar University mandates that all applicants to Colleges that have Foundation Program requirements must complete the ACCUPLACER test before they can register for classes. For additional information on the ACCUPLACER, please visit the Foundation Program website, or email email@example.com, or call (+974 ) 4403-5328 / 5325 / 5310 / 5323 / 5324 / 5327/5446. Failure to take this test will prevent the student from registering for Foundation Program classes.