New Student Orientation
Welcome to our newly admitted students at Qatar University. Only one step left for completing your admissions at Qatar University, and that is attending the New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientation is a mandatory event which aims at acquainting and familiarizing new Foundation and Undergraduate students with the exciting opportunities that Qatar University offers.
In the schedule below, you may find details about the orientation day that you will have to attend. Orientation days are distributed based on college of enrollment. Failing to attend the orientation day would cancel your admission for this semester, and you'll be required to re-submit your application for next semester.
New Student Orientation Fall 2017
|10 September 2017||Start of New Student Orientation|
|14 September 2017||End of New Student Orientation|
Why Should I attend the New Student Orientation?
The New Student Orientation is the starting point for all new students in order to be fully prepared from their very first day of the semester. The Orientation includes the following opportunities:
- Meet the college deans and department heads, and get to know them closely in order to know whom to seek help from during your academic and university life.
- Meet and interact with other students in their college by participating in activities and enjoying a meal with friends.
- Seek advice from current QU students and learn about various academic support and student services available to them.
- Get on a tour around Qatar University campus and know the college buildings and the campus services locations and other facilities, this tour will help you to easily locate buildings and offices pertaining to your lectures or other needed services from the very first day.
- Receive academic advising and course selection.
- Register for your classes for Fall 2017, and get instructions on how to use myQU Campus Portal to manage your academic and non-academic affairs at the university
Which day and time must I attend for my college?
To complete your admission to Qatar University, you are required to attend the New Student Orientation on your assigned orientation day. You should log on to your Admissions Self-Service Account to view your specific event assignment. In addition, an email notification of your event assignment will be sent to the personal email address you provided in your admissions application.
Students who fail to attend orientation will not be able to register or attend the Fall 2017 semester classes and will need to re-apply for Spring 2018 admission.
Do I need to take the ACCUPLACER test?
Qatar University mandates that all applicants to Colleges that have Foundation Program requirements complete the ACCUPLACER test before they can register for classes. For additional information on the ACCUPLACER, please visit the Foundation Program website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (+974) 4403-5328, (+974) 4403-5325, (+974) 4403-5310, (+974) 4403-5323, (+974) 4403-5324, (+974) 4403-5327. Failure to take this test will prevent students from registering for Foundation Program classes.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
New admits or parents who have questions regarding New Student Orientation are most welcome to contact the Recruitment and Orientation Section in the Admissions Department.
Location: Admissions and Registration Building
Telephone: (+974) 4403-3751, (+974) 4403-3752, (+974) 4403-3753