Applicants who plan to earn a degree from another institution and wish to take courses at Qatar University in the fall, spring and/or summer semesters should apply as visiting applicants and will be evaluated for admission on a case-by-case basis. Visiting students may register in a maximum of 48 credit hours or 4 semesters of course work at Qatar University, whichever comes first. Visiting students may be enrolled as either full-time or part-time students.
Visiting Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking Visiting admission are not required to go through the university’s regular admission process. Instead, the following minimum admission requirements are necessary in order to be considered for admission as a Visiting student to Qatar University:
- Applicants must be in good academic standing at their home university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00. Applicants who have been admitted to a university for a future semester and who wish to take classes at QU before enrolling at that university are required to provide a copy of their admission letter in lieu of an official university transcript. In all cases, the home university must be accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent in that country.
- Must submit all appropriate application requirements to the Admissions Department by the admission deadline.
Students who are already attending another university and who wish to take courses at Qatar University are welcome to do so as a visiting student. Visiting applicants are required to submit the following:
- Complete Online Admissions Application with an e-payment of QR 200
- Final, official and certified university transcript (Applicants who have been admitted to a university for a future semester and who wish to take classes at QU before enrolling at that university are required to provide a copy of their admission letter in lieu of an official university transcript).
- Health Certificate issued inside Qatar (International students please refer to International Students Website)
- Photocopy of the applicant's Qatar ID card (Non-Qatari applicants must also provide a copy of their passport; international students please refer to International Students website)
- Two (2) recent identical passport size photographs (size 4 x 6 cm) with white background
- International students who do not hold a valid State of Qatar residence permit (excluding GCC citizens) are not eligible for QU admission consideration. It is crucial that international student who is interested to enroll at QU to have a valid Qatari residence permit.
QU’s International Students Section provides assistance to eligible international students who are seeking visa sponsorship from QU in order to enroll in an academic program at Qatar University. Those interested students should contact International Students Section, during the same timeline of QU admission, and submit all documents required for visa sponsorship from QU. Applicants who fail to satisfy the requirements for a visa sponsorship will not be considered for admission to QU.
Visiting Students Who Want to Transfer to QU
Visiting students may apply for transfer admission to Qatar University. To be considered for transfer admission to Qatar University, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours of undergraduate coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 at a university accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent in that country.
- Have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours of undergraduate coursework in residence at Qatar University with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 out of 4.00.
- Met Qatar University's English and Mathematics competency requirements.
- Satisfy all QU undergraduate transfer admission requirements for the semester of intended admission and must submit all appropriate application materials and supporting documents to the Admissions Department by the admission deadline.
Visiting students granted transfer admission to Qatar University may apply a maximum of 36 undergraduate credit hours earned at Qatar University in courses passed with a grade of "D" or higher toward an undergraduate QU degree. In addition to applying their QU credit, visiting students granted transfer admission to QU may also seek to transfer undergraduate course credit from prior universities to their Qatar University degree. All transfer of credit regulations apply.