Arabic for Non Native Speakers
This center is devoted to teach Arabic for non-native speakers students from inside and outside the State of Qatar. The admission process to this center is handled by the International Students Section in coordination with the Arabic for Non-Native Speakers center.
The student can apply to the center with paying all tuition fees or applying to study in the center and receive a short scholarship, whether the applicant is applying to the center in person or nominated by one of the organizations which have an established agreement with Qatar University and admitted by the President of Qatar University to grant scholarship in annual basis.
The duration is one academic year. More information about the center available on ANNS webpage.
All applicants to the Arabic for Non-Native Speakers center who meet the following minimum criteria will be qualified for applying to Qatar University:
- Must have minimum of a high school diploma. (University graduates are preferred).
- Must be between 18 and 40 years of age.
- Was not granted a scholarship to study in the Arabic for Non-Native Speakers center previously.
- Must have at least basic knowledge of Arabic language (Modern Standard Arabic). Good command of alphabet is essential.
- Applicants to the ANNS center should be able to communicate either in English or Arabic with the administration of the university and the university community.
- Must apply Online through the QU online Admission Application. You can read the application instruction maual for help.
- Submit the QR 50 admission application fee as part of your online admission application. This is non-refundable fee.
- Send scanned copies of the required documents to email@example.com
- Timeline for applying ONLINE to the Arabic center AND sending the required documents.
- Any application or documents will NOT be considered after the deadline
- All Arabic center applicants to Qatar University are required to submit a QR 50 application fee as part of their admission application. Admission applications will not be considered complete, and consequently an admission decision will not be made, until the application fee is submitted through the online Admission Application using Visa or Master Cards only.
Please click here to view the payment instructions.
The Selection Process
- Applications will be reviewed by ANNS Admission Selection Committee.
- After the Selection Committee has completed the review of all applications, all candidates will be notified of their status (accepted/rejected) via email.
- The selected candidates will be asked to send the original documents by post to International Students Section within a given timeline.
On annual basis, Qatar University offers short scholarships for qualified applicants to study in the Arabic for Non-native speakers center as a one year certificate. Applying for the scholarship is highly competitive; the acceptance is subject to the number of applicants and available scholarships. Short scholarships are available for students from outside Qatar only.
The scholarship includes
- Student visa and residence permit.
- Tuition fees and textbooks.
- Round-trip air ticket.
- Accommodation at the University dorms which includes 3 meals everyday (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), laundry, wireless Internet service, games hall, library, computer lab, Gym facilities, swimming pool in the female dorm, transportation to and from the Campus and etc. Please find the QU Housing department Home page
Paying fees (No Scholarship)
Arabic for Non-Native Speakers center is available for students from inside and outside Qatar. Qatar University will provide Student visa and residence permit under QU residency sponsorship for paying fees students from outside Qatar if they fulfill the required criteria.Cost
- Tuition: 1000.00 Qatari Riyals = $365.00 per credit hour. (student should register minimum 11 credit hour per term)
- Room and board: student have the choice either:
- In the University dorms: $219 per month (includes room with double occupancy, meals and bus transportation to and from campus, limited spaces are available in University dorms and such rooms are subject to availability).
- Students can also rent their own apartments in Doha and provide their own transportation. The estimated average cost to do so is $2000 per month, which usually covers accommodation and transportation. Please note that the provided cost is a rough estimate of the cost of living in Doha. However, rents in Doha vary based on location and level of finishing.
Note: 1 US $ ≈ 3.65 Qatari Riyals.
Required Documents for application
- Highest attained academic credentials, transcript or certificate.
- Resume / C.V. (Curriculum Vitae) should include the applicant's mobile/cell number and the country code and the email address.
- 1 Photo, passport size.
- Passport copy, valid for 1 year, need copy of the page/s that hold the following information: your photo and information, and the passport expiry date.
- Recommendation Letter (i.e. Ministry, Embassy, Educational Institutions or Religious organizations, etc.) says why they nominated the applicant to study in the Arabic for Non-Native speakers center Or self-nomination letter.
- Confirmation Page: which should be printed on a paper at the end of applying online, if you couldn't print it out, just send us the user ID and the Password.
- Send scanned copies of the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any application or documents will NOT be considered after the given deadline.
- Sending the required documents doesn't secure your acceptance in the center; applying to the ANNS center is highly competitive and the accepting decision subjects to the number of applicants and available scholarships.
- In case that one or more of the required official documents are missing, the student's application will be rejected.
- Admission to the Arabic for Non-Native Speakers center takes place in the Fall semester only.
- For additional information on the center, please see the: ANNS webpages
Required Documents after Conditional Acceptance
- Attested copy of highest attained academic credentials (transcript or certificate).
Transcript or certificate attestation requirements:
- No further attestations required if the transcripts or certificates issued from USA and UK universities as it should be final, official and enclosed in a sealed envelope by the registrar office. Meanwhile the high school certificates or transcripts should meet the attestation requirements mentioned below. Transcripts or certificates issued from High schools from around the world OR Universities
- should meet the attestation requirements mentioned below:
- Must be certified by either the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Qatar Embassy (or any GCC Embassy if Qatar Embassy is not available) for the country in which the certificate is issued.
- If Qatar or GCC Embassies are not available, the attestation can be from any Arab country's Embassy for the country in which the certificate is issued.
- Qatari residents can certify the transcript by the Embassy of their country located in Qatar instead of Qatar Embassy.
- An Arabic or English translation must accompany the transcript if it is issued in a language other than Arabic or English.
- Original of Recommendation Letter OR Self-nomination Letter.
- 1 Photo, passport size.
- Health Evaluation this form should be signed by an authorized Medical Clinic/Hospital in applicant's country. This Health Evaluation form is acceptable ONLY from applicants from outside Qatar who are not having a Qatar residence permit.
- Copy of the Qatar ID card.
- Health Certificate (issued inside Qatar) by Medical Commission Authority or any other private hospital issue this certificate.
Note: International Students Section will assist those students from outside Qatar and have obtained a student visa from Qatar University in satisfying the requirements (5 & 6) after their arrival to the State of Qatar.
Send the Required documents to the following mail address:
Qatar University, Admission Department, International Students Section, P.O. Box 2713, Doha, Qatar
The Arabic for Non-Native Speakers Center Policies
- The Arabic for Non-Native Speakers center seeks to build bridges of cultural communication between the State of Qatar and people of diverse nationalities and is based on the principle of tolerance, openness and respect for others. Any student whose acts would lead to a distortion of this mission will be subject to accountability and the law will be applied.
- The duration is one academic year that is comprised of 2 terms, fall and spring.
- Arrival in Qatar should be two weeks ahead of the beginning of the semester.
- Adherence to attend the Orientation events organized by Qatar University.
- The nominated student cannot postpone his scholarship to the following academic year; however the student may apply again in the following year.
- The scholarship student deserves a return air ticket only after his courses completion.
- Student is not allowed to collect money from any charity agency or others in Qatar under any circumstances. Student who violates this policy, will be dismissed from the center.
- Student who acquired a short scholarship to study in the Arabic center, must adhere to the rules and regulations of Qatar University, including dormitories and the Arabic center; also must attend the center classes regularly to guarantee the student success and to receive a certificate of completing the program. Student who violates one the following policies may result in canceling the scholarship and the residence permit under the university residence sponsorship, and the student will be dismissed from the center:
- Student's absence exceeds 25% in one semester without a permission or valid reason, i.e. doctor's note; although the University will not provide a return ticket, the student would bear all associated charges to leave the university and the country.
- In case of student's withdrawal during the academic year without a valid reason, the University will not provide a return ticket; so the student would bear all charges associated to the withdrawal and leaving the country. Granted organizations (Universities, embassies, NGOs, etc.) who request withdraw of one of their students within the Academic year, should provide the student with a return expenses including the ticket and all associated fees towards Qatar University.
- Student could not pass the first primary level in the first semester, or failed in all registered classes in one semester, Qatar University will provide the student with a return ticket to his country.
- Paying Fee student in the center must adhere to the rules and regulations of Qatar University and the center, also commit to attend the center regularly to guarantee student success and to receive a certificate of completing the program. Student who violates one of the following policies will be dismissed from the center. Violated student who has a student visa under the university residence sponsorship, should bear all charges associated to withdraw the university, cancel the residence permit and leave the State of Qatar within 5 days:
- Student's absence exceeds 25% in one semester without a permission or valid reason, i.e. doctor's note.
- Student's withdrawal during the academic year without a valid reason.
- Student could not pass the first primary level in the first semester, or failed in all registered classes in one semester.