New Residency procedure:
All students are required to have a residence permit to live and study in Qatar. One of the first steps after your arrival is to convert your entry visa into a Residence Permit which will be issued under Qatar University sponsorship during one month since the student entered the country. So the student should contact the International Students Section directly in order to proceed with the necessary steps to obtain the Residency Permit which include medical examination and finger print process. The student should Submit his/her original passport, one passport size photo and the documentation of medical examination and finger print to the International Students Section to complete this process of stamping residence permit in students passport. International students Section will inform the student by email when and how the student can collect his Passport and Qatari ID Card.
- Student should hand his/her passport, one photo, and his personal ID card to the ISS office 2 weeks ahead of the expiration date of the residency permit.
- Collect the passport with the renewed residency after receiving an e-mail from the ISS.
NOTE: The student will be responsible for all consequences due to the delay in passport submission.
For student who is sponsored by Qatar University.
- One week ahead of the travel date the student should submit the exit permit request through the section’s website by filling the required information.
- ISS will send an e-mail to the student informing when and how to collect the exit permit from QU Passport Section.
NOTE: Female student who is planning to travel by car, her guardian should submit a Written Consent and a copy of his ID card to the ISS fax before she applies for exit permit.
in case of student’s final departure from State of Qatar, such as graduation, final withdrawal, or any other reasons; International Student MUST cancel his/her residency permit which issued under the University sponsorship:
- Student should hand his/her passport and personal ID card to the ISS office.