Arabic Program (Short) Scholarship:
On annual basis, Qatar University offers short scholarships for qualified applicants to study in the Arabic Program for Non-native speakers as a one year certificate program. Applying for the scholarship is highly competitive; the acceptance is subject to the number of applicants and available scholarships. Short scholarships are available for students from outside Qatar only.
The scholarship includes:
- Student visa and residence permit.
- Tuition fees and textbooks.
- Round-trip air ticket.
- Accommodation at the University dorms which includes 3 meals everyday (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), laundry, wireless Internet service, games hall, library, computer lab, Gym facilities, swimming pool in the female dorm, transportation to and from the Campus and etc. Please find the QU Housing department Home page
Paying fees (No Scholarship):
Arabic program for Non-Native Speakers is available for students from inside and outside Qatar. Qatar University will provide Student visa and residence permit under QU residency sponsorship for paying fees students from outside Qatar if they fulfill the required criteria.
- Tuition: $1800.00 per semester ($165.00 per credit hour).
- Room and board: student have the choice either:
- In the University dorms: $219 per month (includes room with double occupancy, meals and bus transportation to and from campus, limited spaces are available in University dorms and such rooms are subject to availability).
- Students can also rent their own apartments in Doha and provide their own transportation. The estimated average cost to do so is $2000 per month, which usually covers accommodation and transportation. Please note that the provided cost is a rough estimate of the cost of living in Doha. However, rents in Doha vary based on location and level of finishing.
Note: 1 US $ ≈ 3.65 Qatari Riyals.